Baker's Delight

~E~

"What we did this weekend"

Al's birthday was Friday, so Daughter and I put our minds together and decided to make him the cake of his dreams. We worked very hard on it, literally hours, and I think our hard work paid off.

Behold, the kitty litter cake.




Al had a smile on his face when we unveiled it, so presumably he was happy about it...

Later in the weekend, I prepared myself a delicious soft pretzel. Now, I love soft pretzels and will go so far as to eat the subpar pretzels available at hockey games, but the kind we heat up at home are my favorites.

This is a delicious hot soft pretzel.


This is a not-so-delicious hot pretzel whose life ended in clouds of black smoke coating everything in my house. Poor thing.


And finally, as a grand finale, Daughter and I made these awesome oatmeal fudge cookies, filled with chocolaty goodness. Mmmmmmmmmmm.




Comments

Laurie Stark said…
What on earth is in that kitty litter cake??? Hahahaha.
Spudster said…
Trust me, Al absolutely LOVES his kitty litter cake! Without a doubt, the best cake I ever got from two of the best gals he's ever known.

And those cookies? Your best batch so far!
YIFO, it's called cat poo. For the discerning diner.
Omigosh, my parents' friends made a kitty-litter cake one time and it looked disgusting. But also brilliant. Well done, Ladies.

Popular posts from this blog

My Pop