Will you remember me?

~E~

This is getting ridiculous.

Three personal email addresses.

Cell phone voicemail
Home phone voicemail
Work phone voicemail

Cell phone online account for me
Cell phone online account for Daughter

Online accounts for:

Utilities
Water
Online banking
401K
Tivo


Work computer log-in
Three websites I need to access for my job

Various blogger accounts (posting comments at other blogs/news sites), around 3 or 4

Facebook
Evite account
Cyclespages
Irish Dance School site

Newegg
Thinkgeek
QVC
Gaelsong
Shopirish
Etsy
Avis rent-a-car

Kim and Jason Lemonade Stand
itunes

Flickr
Photobucket

Library

That's thirty three so far. Thirty three passwords to come up with and remember. I'm sure I've forgotten other accounts or reasons to have a password, and I know most sites will email you if you've forgotten your password but doesn't this seem a bit out of hand? I also have to remember various user names on a lot of these sites. It's a chance to get creative but it's also one more thing to forget!

Perhaps I should just disconnect my internet and make my life easier. It's tempting.








Comments

MIKE said…
I know some people who just use the same password for everything. I don't like to do that myself, so I am with you on the ridiculous size of the password list. Although I must confess there are some striking similarities to some of my passwords, and one or two repetitions on things which I consider to be unimportant if someone breaches them.
Yes, I have a few similar ones for what I consider 'junk' sites that require sign-in. So, what are all of your passwords? :)
Spudster said…
Funny thing is some of those passwords of yours were designed as "single sign-on" services, so you don't have to have so many passwords.

It's the same situation in the Enterprise IT world, where it really shouldn't be. - sigh

That's why I have a specific application I use to keep track of my passwords. Without it, there would be no way I could remember the two dozen passwords I use on a regular basis.

Popular posts from this blog

My Pop